You have questions, we have answers!
Will eyelash extensions damage my natural lashes?
When applied correctly, eyelash extensions will not cause any damage to your natural lashes. Correct applications means using lashes that are a safe weight and length that your natural lashes can support. It also means ensuring that your lashes are applied at an appropriate distance from your skin. Lashes should be applied to the base of your natural lash and not the skin and should not be stuck together or in clumps.
How long will my eyelash extensions last?
With proper application and after-care, a full set will typically last for 2-3 weeks, depending on your natural lash cycle.
What factors will affect the longevity of my eyelash extensions?
There are several factors that can affect how long your lashes will last. This includes aftercare, age, skin type, porosity of the natural lash, skill of your lash artist, and quality of the products used.
How long will my appointment take?
A full set application typically takes 2-3 hours, depending on the amount of natural lashes you have and the type of set.
A refill application usually takes 1-1.5 hours.
Why do I need refills and when should I book them?
Just like the hair on our head and body, lashes have a cycle and will shed. As we get older our lash cycle gets longer due to our hormones slowing down. Refills should be booked every 2-3 weeks.
Can I swim?
Absolutely - and in salt water too! We recommend waiting a minimum of 4 hours after your appointment. Post-swim, rinsing your lashes with bottled water and lash cleanser after each swim will be key in ensuring retention is not compromised.
I’m getting married, when should I book?
We recommend getting two applications prior to your wedding date. The first application should be a month or two before your wedding to determine your preferred style and to ensure there are no adverse reactions to any of the products used. The final appointment should be booked for 3 days before your big day!
What is facial analysis?
Facial analysis is a technique exclusive to Lash Lab Pro that combines science and beauty. We look at eye placement, bone structure and many other factors to determine which style of lashes would be best for each face!
Alright, you’ve convinced me! How do I book an appointment?
Right Here! We use an online book system which will also send you confirmation and reminder for your appointment.
Why do you need my credit card information before my appointment? I don’t like using my credit card online.
We use a highly secure third party service just like banks. We do not get access to your information. Your credit card is charged only if you do not show up to your appointment, as per the cancellation policy.
Aftercare - How do I take care of my lashes?
- Brush lashes daily or as needed after getting out of the shower. However make sure they are dry before you brush them, use a blow dryer on low and cool or use our Khule Brise handheld bladeless fan
- Avoid saunas & steam
- Avoid oil based products, check your daily products
- Use oil-free makeup remover not use micellar water
- Cleaning your lashes with Lash Lab Pro lash wash is essential to long lasting lashes as it removes oils, makeup, dead skin and sweat
- Be careful around fire, cigarettes, candles or any form of high heat as it may melt or singe synthetic fibres the lashes are made of
- We strongly advise against using mascara on your lashes, even your bottom ones as eye infections may develop from the bacteria in mascaras
- Avoid sleeping on your face or in a manner that presses the lashes on your pillow. The friction will cause the lashes to shed prematurely
- Never attempt a lash removal on your own. If a removal is needed, please schedule an appointment to get them professionally removed to avoid damaging your natural lashes